WD 3.5 button wish...

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

WD 3.5 button wish...

Postby JustynR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 pm

The ability to enable/disable a script on a per-button basis.

the whole button would be great...

Maybe a bonus of enabling/disabling only the 'release' or the 'mouse over' scripts by themselves.

Thanks!

j
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: WD 3.5 button wish...

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi!

What exactly do you want to achieve?
Disabling the button: What about hiding it at the moment you do not need it. (WDControlHide,'ControlName')

Disabling only a part of the button: Maybe the silent toggle or release command could help at this point. Another workaround could be to have different buttons with and without the "mouse over" commands and then hiding them in the right way.

Although I think that it could be hard to remember which button is partly disabled it could be a good option.
I will add this as well to the list.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby JustynR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:21 pm

I did not think of the hide.. that is a good idea... if it can't be toggled again...

the reason I want it to happen is so that once a contestant chooses 1 of 10 questions - at random... I have that question & on screen button on a separate timeline, once they choose that question, the button moves out of the way & changes colour to show that it has been chosen.

I want to disable the button so that if someone accidentally selects the same spot in on the screen with the airscan (even though there is not button showing on the screen) they can start that sequence over again.

With a disable, I could disable the button when they push it... and re-enable it when it is reset.

Thanks!
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi!

You could hide the button that it canÄt be clicked any more and unhide it after the clip is finished. E.g. by having a script key frame on the timeline and remoting the WD.
Another idea would be to have an if-cause which is only running the button when a variable is set to zero. Whenever the button is clicked it sets a variable to one and so the script would not be executed again.
As an example:

if vblockbuttons = 0
{
vvalue,vblockbuttons,1
SeqSetState,1,Play
WDWait,Cliplength
vvalue,vblockbuttons,0
}
else
{
}

Having this in all buttons you will block all of them being executed while the clip is running.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby Patrick Verhey » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:40 am

Hi,

I have another very simple idea. Basically thats the way how I usually work with the widget designer. Once the button is pressed the first thing is to change the Widget Designer page to a page where you do not have that button any more. That way you can build all kind of different button scenarios. And you can also add "secret" back buttons, maybe with a password. That way the operator could go back to see all buttons.

To make sure that the timeline is always on the same "scene" as the WD I usually send the page change command from the timeline to the WD. That the way the whole Airscan programming on our trade shows works.

best regards

Patrick

Postby JustynR » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestion...
I do that right now for other things in this widget going from one setup to another.

For this part, it would not work - I would need over 100 pages!
Contestants can select 1 of 11 buttons at random, then that button (in PB) moves from where they can select it, to the upper corner where they can't reach it, and it changes colour.
I would need a page for each possibility.

I already had made the "if" argument where the button push changes a variable to 1, this activates a script once, and then it stays as 1 until the whole section is reset...
the "1" is also added to a Sum node - once all of the buttons have been selected, it starts another sequence...

thanks!

j
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Feature Wishlist V5