2 keyboard shortcut ideas

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

2 keyboard shortcut ideas

Postby florian » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Hello,

when I am doing timeline programming, i often use the '++' and '--' syntax in the big-time field to quickly jump to a relative position in the timeline. (i hope i'm not the only one, it's a VERY useful feature, especially for After Effects savvy programmers). I was thinking, it would be really cool if the keypad '+' and '-' keys automatically shifted focus to the bigtime numeric entry field. this would eliminate the need to drag the mouse over to it and click on it. i know it seems minor, but when i find myself doing the same operation over and over, i think it might be worth it to explore condensing them.

cheers!

flo
-flo

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Cato the Elder, Plutarch's Life of Cato
florian

Re: 2 keyboard shortcut ideas

Postby Patrick Verhey » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Flo,

I also do love the ++ and -- feature. Actually I was fighting for it for some time :-)

Just to be sure, are you talking about the "old" jogdial board or the new fader board?
I´m not sure if we will add new features in V5 to the jogdial, but I will check that.

best wishes

Patrick

Postby asherrobinson » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi All,

I wanted to try and revive this topic, as I just got done doing a show that used this exact functionality. I'm not sure what florian's answer to your reply would have been, but for me, I would like to see it implemented with the numeric keypad on a standard qwerty keyboard, as I use that more frequently than any of the jog-dial controllers.

As near as I can tell, keypresses on the numpad when any text field does not have focus doesn't currently do anything...could it then default to the big-time field?

-A
asherrobinson

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:25 pm

I like the idea and will put it on the feature list.
FYI: the ++ and -- does not only work on the nowpointer clock, but on any other timefield inside the PB GUI.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Return to Feature Wishlist V5