Widget Designer Workflow Wishes

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Widget Designer Workflow Wishes

Postby Michael Bohl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:33 am

Dear coolux team,

I have two wishes for the widget designer.

the first: when you open the input nodes column you get a huge list which you have to scroll up and down to find the right node. a nice feature would be to have more columns for a better overview of all available nodes. i know that feature from other programs like cubase. i would really increase my workflow, especially when I'm trying things out. and the output nodes section is increasing as well. :wink:

the second: i think it would be really nice to have pages with "ID's" like the devices in the manager. in addition with an im-&export function for pages it would be awesome. so when you have a nice node structure or even a good layout, you can export it and import it to another widget designer project without rebuilding everything.

regards

micha
Michael Bohl

Re: Widget Designer Workflow Wishes

Postby Martina Protze » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 am

Hi Michael,
these are good features - I think the functionality to copy existing structures as snippets from a library is already on the list. Neverthless I have forwarded everything to the programmers.
Thank you very much for the feedback and helping us to make the software better and easier to use.

Regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Michael,

unfortunately the only possibility of "copying" a layout from one to another project is to save it as another name and edit it. This way you may save to time to rebuilt it completely but still you have to edit your scripts, of course.
Another thought is to built yourself a kind of template and always start to use this project when building a new one.

Still, I'm hoping myself that this feature will be available shortly! :-)

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby Michael Bohl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks for your quick replys!

@martina: You're welcome! I guess the first one is the easiest to implement. The second one might be a little difficult but hopefully possible.

@markus: The layout thing was just a thoughtful step further. Like everybody might have done, I have designed some buttons and lines with photoshop to create a nice layout. So that works good for me! I think the id-based node pages import and export function is the much more interesting thing. Keeping fingers crossed.

We'll see what the next releases will contain. ;-)

Cheers from Berlin.

Micha
Michael Bohl

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi again,

within the next release of the Widget there will be a default texture option available to select your custom default texture for them. Makes it easier for your own design. This is already implemented in the latest Beta version.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Feature Wishlist V5