PLAYBACK SPEED

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

PLAYBACK SPEED

Postby ricky » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 am

I wish it was possible to visualize the real modified length of the clip in the timeline when I change the speed and would be useful to have the chance to change the speed when the clip is locked to time. At now is only possible to use the clip not locked to timeline to see the modified speed.
--ricky--

Tech Sales, Tech Support & Betatesting Coolux
Molpass srl
http://www.molpass.com
ricky

Re: PLAYBACK SPEED

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi Ricky,

as you said yourself, "lock to time" is always restoring the original speed. This is one main feature of Pandoras Box that different framerates can be handled at the same time and are always absolutely in sync. One second video will be perfectly played back within one second, not caring for the framerate.

As soon as you change the speed of a video there is no perfect timing within the video any longer as the internal information is handled differently and therefor we cannot sync onto that using "lock to time".
Running a video within "freerun" we do not get a feedback from the video how long it will need to play to the end. Therefor we cannot adjust the time.
The best way would be to rerender the video within AfterEffects or other applications to access slower speed within a fixed framerate. The other option would be to rerender without frameblending the video by just changing the fps within the video.

Sorry for the moment.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby ricky » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:29 am

Hi Markus,
I definitely understand the issue..However I think will be cool in the future to have the possibility to stratch (resize) or cut the clip in the timeline. Another idea could be to create a new tool like splitter or image converter just to stretch clips.
--ricky--

Tech Sales, Tech Support & Betatesting Coolux
Molpass srl
http://www.molpass.com
ricky

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 am

Hi Ricky,

that would be a good idea! Maybe it could be implemented into one of them. I think this is or will be the better way as long as it will not be possible to export the timeline with free running containers.

I will set it on the list and we'll see where it is heading to...
Thanks for the ideas.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Feature Wishlist V5