Subfolder

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Subfolder

Postby SHOWRENTAL » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:55 am

what do you think about subfolders in the devices tab?
cause I'm working with quiet a lot of layers / sequences would be great to have the
posibilites to group them or sort them in subfolders to get a better overview...

also would be great to see all the values in sequence tab if i change the sequences in the project.
for the moment i only see the values for the active sequence on the layers. maybe you can show the non active with an opacity of 10%.
would be great to see them cause i often copied values on layers which are already has been used in another sequence.
SHOWRENTAL

Re: Subfolder

Postby Martina Protze » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Hello,

the first wish is already on the list. I was asking for the possibility to group layers together and maybe even colorize them for a better overview.

Your second wish, to be honest I do not quite understand. With sequence tab I am sure you mean the timeline including the containers. If you go to the project tab and change to another sequence I am sure that the timeline tab follows and displays the containers according to the sequence chosen. Do you maybe mean with "values" containers? Are you asking for seeing all the sequences at one time by 10% and the chosen one should be at 100%??

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby cyeary » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:08 pm

I think what he is wanting in the second part is a way to know if a layer has been recorded on another sequence. This is a good idea. For now I get around it by just tagging a new name and digit on the end of the layer name so I know not to record there.
Cameron Yeary
Unlimited Visibility, Inc.
cyeary

Postby SHOWRENTAL » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 pm

sorry for confusing. indeed I meant to see all the sequences / containers at same time with 10% opacity and only the containers of the in project tab chosen sequence with 100%.
SHOWRENTAL

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi "Showrental",

I can understand what you are trying to address. I am with you that it could make sense, that you can indicate which layers are used on other sequences. This would be nice if it would be possible to color them per timeline or whatever. At the moment I would do it the same way as Cameron, to just rename the layer names as this indicates where you program.

Showing all timelines at the same time doesn't make any sense, as these are not necessarily played back at the same time. If you try to find a gap between 2 containers on sequence 1 to program something on sequence 2 within this time, what about starting the sequences at different times? If all timeline would always be linked and running at the same time you could easily program everything in one single timeline.
The idea behind multiple timelines is having different time-layers at the same time acting independently.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Feature Wishlist V5