Warper in manager :)

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Warper in manager :)

Postby alverman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:35 pm

would be nice to have warper in manager ...... as in watchout :)

Alberto
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
** La famiglia ti nutre, ti veste .... finchè non sei pronto per girare il mondo alla ricerca di qualcosa di tuo. **
alverman

Re: Warper in manager :)

Postby Christopher Fluegel » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi, thanks for reporting.

Maybe this helps you (Dynamic Warping):

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/sup ... arping.htm
Christopher Fluegel
Technical Support, coolux GmbH
Christopher Fluegel

Re: Warper in manager :)

Postby claude.rivet » Tue May 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Here are a few tips to work with the dynamic warper that I wish I knew when I started :)

-The index object is in no way binded to a track, you need only one index object to dynamically warp several tracks/outputs for as long as the FFD specs are the same (5x3, 3x3, 11x11). So you import one index object and place in in several tracks that needs warping (and obviously add the warp FX). Warping one track will not affect the geometry of other tracks even if they share the same index object.

-Then in the warper you assign the site and device for dynamic warping and save the file as a .wrp. Do this for every track/output.

-Then open the first file to warp (.wrp), dynamically warp it, when you are satisfied save the file as a .wrp again but this time it has the correct geometrical correction. Open the next .wrp file and repeat. If you screw your warping just delete it and add a new one with the same FFD specs and start warping again, all that counts is the site and device assignment as long as the index object and your FFD have the same specs.

-When the server closes it kinda loose the warps (but not really) and make the output black. Just open the show and open the warper, re-open every .wrp files one after the other and select only one corner, using the arrows keys and shift move the corner just one tap up and then one tap down and not only the warp is back but now you see your content rather than a black image.

If you don't save the warp as a .wrp file when you are done you will have to rewarp when re-opening the show, saving it as a .wrp (which keeps the site and device assignment) just is a safe (and fast) way to re-apply the correct geometrical correction. Alternatively when you are done with you dynamic warp you may just save the warp as a normal warp file and insert it in the appropriate track. The reason I do not do that is that if it needs to be adjusted it is longer and has more steps, then again I do events, not permanent installs so things might be different for you.

there are more step than in Watchout but in the end it is far more flexible.
Hopes this helps
claude.rivet

Return to Feature Wishlist V5