SMPTE Auto Alignment

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

SMPTE Auto Alignment

Postby ipercarlitos » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:40 am

I would like than, if i have a video content, with SMPTE on left or Right audiotrack, i can select an "Auto Alignment on timeline".
In this case, that media put it self automatically, on the correct region of the time line selected

Can be very useful, if i have a lot of content, and no time for chek it...

Is it possible??

Carlo
ipercarlitos

Re: SMPTE Auto Alignment

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi Carlo,

hmm, sounds interesting.
I will put it on the Feature Wish list. But no promises.

I see a few problems, which does not mean that it is impossible, but which need to be solved:
How does the command know if the Timecode is on L or R?
What should it do it the Timecode Format is different than the Timeline Format? e.g. a 25fps Timeline, but a 29.97fps Timecode.

@Everybody in the forum: Has anyone else whished Pandoras Box had that feature?

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Re: SMPTE Auto Alignment

Postby ricky » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi guys,
I think that feature could be useful when you have a lot of contents with embedded audio timecode to put in the timeline. Probably it's not a recurring situation but could happens when the artist wants to change songs order every day on theirs sequencer...a lot of times SMPTE is not used as it should be so we have to lose a lot of time in rebuilding timeline... :twisted:
Another case to consider is when you have a list of events based on SMPTE timecode. Someone has developed something like this for grandMA2 lighting console: assuming you have an Excel file compiled with the list of events at certain timecode position, this piece of software can read all information from the list and can create cues on the console timeline automatically (timecode). I don't know how it works but I think this software can transcode excel file for the xml show project.

Cheers!
--ricky--

Tech Sales, Tech Support & Betatesting Coolux
Molpass srl
http://www.molpass.com
ricky

Return to Feature Wishlist V5