Shy/Solo Layers/Devices

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Shy/Solo Layers/Devices

Postby florian » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:20 am

Hello,

I've been making heavy use of the group feature on my current project. In addition, I've been using the Parameter selection hotkeys in the sequence editor (ie: H for Hide All, I for Opacity, D for scale pivot, etc.). This has made it easier to, at a glance, select a series of layers and navigate the keyed parameters in a given cue. Thanks.

In After Effects, you can tag certain layers as "Shy" which lets you toggle their visibility in composition sequence editor to reduce viewport clutter. I was thinking it would be really handy if Pandora had viewport toggle that hides/unhides unselected devices. You can sort of do this with Views, but it would still be more useful if you could Solo-view a subset of the devices visible in a given view. And it should definitely have shortcut key. :D
-flo

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Cato the Elder, Plutarch's Life of Cato
florian

Re: Shy/Solo Layers/Devices

Postby florian » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:26 am

just went looking through the manual, it looks like toggle devices->hide unselected devices might be what i'm after. can this and "show all" be bound to hotkeys?

in the same general vein, it would be handy if, like cues, groups were loaded into the inspector when they are created, so that the programmer can just type in a new name for them without having to hunt them down in the project tree, right click and select rename.
-flo

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Cato the Elder, Plutarch's Life of Cato
florian

Return to Feature Wishlist V5