Asset Add Wizard

Suggestions and comments for Pandoras Box V5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Asset Add Wizard

Postby JustynR » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Lately I've been having some challenges with getting clients to add assets to a project from the correct folder - they consistently drag it into the project from their USB Key - even though I've put a big note on the screen saying not to do this - then the C drive gets full on the Client, and the content won't spread.

My suggestion for a fix for this would be something like the Lightroom or iPhoto "Add picture" type of window / wizard.

Have a button that we can click (and we can invoke via Widget Designer) have a window pop up that gives us the option to add clips to your project from an external or internal hard drive.
When you select the file to add... it automatically copies to the correct 'Assets' folder inside of your project folder, then spreads to all of your Clients. (and maybe an option to automatically ID them too.)

This would clear up confusion with C drives being full, folders being partitions, and content being spread from a Desktop folder or a USB key.

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Asset Add Wizard

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Hello,

C drives should never get full. If you have an extra drive you should mount it to C:/coolux/content. All USB content will be spread to the _remote_content_ folder in the content folder.

I believe that the new Widget Designer will make creating user interfaces for asset management easier. You can also use the Watch Folder in some cases.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Re: Asset Add Wizard

Postby JustynR » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:58 am

I understand the C:/coolux/content path, but a lot of people don't.

It's not just the USB key problem, some people load content from their desktop or a video folder when they're building their show on a workstation they're using to pre-build their show.
They don't think to move or copy all of the content before spreading it.

Looking forward to the new WD!
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Feature Wishlist V5