Installation of Sound Card

Christie Pandoras Box Version 5

Moderator: Moderator Group

Installation of Sound Card

Postby cmalmquist » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Hello,

I am new to working with sound on PB but we just bought two sound cards to go in our media servers. Could someone break down what I will need to do in order to install the cards and have them function properly with PB? We bought Vantec PCI-e cards.

Thank you for any help you can pass on,
Cassie
cmalmquist

Re: Installation of Sound Card

Postby JustynR » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:31 pm

I believe you should install it as if you were installing it for any other program to use.

Check out this section in the help file to see if how to set up the sound card in PB:

http://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/support/Documentation/Helpfile/index.html#asio_audio.htm

If it supports ASIO it will show up in the drop down menu in the Configuration tab.

One highlight from that document to keep in mind - you will not be able to use both at the same time and have them both synced together - you can only use one of them as the 'timecode master'.

I've been using external cards (RME Fireface) - it's got a wordclock in and out so I can sync the cards IF I have to - it's only come up on 2 shows thought where I needed to do that.

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Installation of Sound Card

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Please be aware that if you install internal soundcards in sealed coolux hardware you will loose the warranty.

Other than that it is like installing any other hardware.
Plug In - Install drivers.

If the soundcards support ASIO you will be able to use them with the ASIO tracks. If not you can use it over Direct Show on VideoLayers.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Return to Pandoras Box V5