Updating Matrix patch

Everything related to the coolux Tools

Moderator: Moderator Group

Updating Matrix patch

Postby azman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:04 am

Hi,

I'm in the process of updating an installation from v5 to v5.3,

Can you outline the procedure when updating patch created using the old matrix patcher,

also, I've notice that the activate matrix button in the camera device within the inspector window is no longer there - can you explain the steps required (if any) to active this within a project.

Regards
azman

Re: Updating Matrix patch

Postby JustynR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:53 am

Hi,

I am not too sure about importing an old patch into 5.3. Have you tried just opening your saved file. I can't imagine that a version would be made that wouldn't support that.

As far as the check box, yes you are correct it isn't in the camera device anymore - now it is implemented in a much easier and amazing way!

Now when we make a Matrix for any Client, we can make it on the Manager and it is spread to every Client via the Manager / Master.

Create (or import) a matrix patch, change it as you must and then save it. Once it is saved it will show up as a file in the Manager / Master.
Take this file and apply it to the "Matrix" box on the "Output" Layer of the Client you want the Matrix patch to be on.

What is even better, you can change your patch and just click "Update Pandoras Box" and it will automatically update your patch on the Client it is applied on without having to close and re-open your Client!

I hope this explains this for you,
Let me know if you have any other questions,

Justyn
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Updating Matrix patch

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi azman,

the "old" project files from the Matrix Patcher can still be loaded and edited within the "new" Matrix Patcher.
As Justyn already explained it is now the way to drop the patch to on your output. As soon as you do so, it will automatically enable the Art-Net output. The big advantage is, that you can now use multiple patches during your show and have a patch per output.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Tools (Matrix, Splitter, Image Converter, PB Menu)