ReMap & Artnet Out - Need some advice!!

Everything related to the coolux Tools

Moderator: Moderator Group

ReMap & Artnet Out - Need some advice!!

Postby goslingproductions » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi Everyone

I am currently in pre-production for a show and am fairly new to PB, and I am trying a lot of new things all at once! Nothing like the last minute!

My set up is as follows:

MA2 Lite running Art-Net into PB Pro v5.5 (Rev 86##)
Art-Net also passing from network card, back to switch to 3 Path-Ports running Art-Net mode
"Pix Pads" (4x4 "RGB Jrag" type fixture of 16 RGB cells) on this
MA-Net2 to a NPU on stage for all other LX

So this morning when I went to the factory I fired up the show and got the console talking to PB over MA-Net, but when we had issues trying to get art-net, I decided to put everything on Art-Net as the warehouse did some upgrades to Windows 7 and the new Rev so I am not sure why the 2 network cards were not working. The idea was to go IN to PB on Ma-Net2 and out of the second card via Art-Net

Anyway. I designed the fixture in the Matrix Mapper and saved it. All seems to be OK so far. I then designed the layout of the pix pads in the patch view and saved the matrix file, initialised the map and exported the map to the .png.

After some trouble I finally figured out how to overlay the ReMap FX over the output and loaded my .png into the media area of the ReMap FX

But below are my problems:

1. I do not know if art net is passing out of my network card. My Path-Ports say "Active" however the panels themselves have various colours and levels of intensity like there is a different stream of data going to them. My IP address of the card is 2.1.1.130 with a subnet of 255.0.0.0 and the path-ports match this range.

2. I can not see the overlay of the FX in the preview window. The help file says that it is only visible in the "Preview Output 1" not "global" preview - but even so I cannot see it the map or the .png and so therefore don't know how it is scaled compared to my stock video (the video, output and map are all 720x576)

So basically, I have followed all the steps that are in the help file as to how to get it working but I don't know where I am going wrong! I have my client coming through tomorrow, so any advice would be great. I can see the layer 1 video, just not the map and the panels do not respond.

I have activated "Artnet Output Active" and "Artnet Input Active" in the configuration tab, set the Card Preference within the Matrix Mapper, but I do not know if there is another main Art-net window to set up.

Also, The main problem now is just getting the mapping to work over the output layer. In the console I have only patched 6 x Pro VLayers as I usually leave the output layer up full straight out of PB.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
goslingproductions

Re: ReMap & Artnet Out - Need some advice!!

Postby JustynR » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:15 am

It sounds like you've set everything up correctly in your patcher, I am guessing that you've set all of your addresses and universes correctly.

What you want to do out of the patcher is to actually export it as a .PBX and not the .PNG

When you export this, you want to bring this file in and apply it to the Output of which ever Player or Server you want the art net to come out of.

You can monitor the outgoing and incoming Artnet using the "Artnet Monitor" fount under the tools menu in Pandoras Box.

The re-mapper is for when you want to re position parts of video for an LED screen that accepts a video signal instead of DMX although it is the same program to build a re-map and an Artnet pixel map.
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Return to Tools (Matrix, Splitter, Image Converter, PB Menu)