Matrix Output and Masks

Everything related to the coolux Tools

Moderator: Moderator Group

Matrix Output and Masks

Postby jaykoller » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:56 am

I have a project that I am using Matrix patcher for. One of the outputs is 1920x1080. The output is broken up by negative space and behind it is a cyc that I wanted to have follow the videos that are being played.

Issue I am having is I want the lights to pick up the video as it passes thought the mask. Because it is on the output of the center where the output is is black, and the lights do not pick up the colors. I hope I am explaining correctly.

I have attached the mask, and you can see where it is black I want the lights to act if there was no mask there. How do I have the matrix ignore the mask?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jaykoller

Re: Matrix Output and Masks

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Hello,

I think I don't quite understand the problem. When you say "lights", do you mean the leds that are driven by the matrix output?

The matrix is captured right after the camera, that means that anything you add to the output is ignored by the matrix (Keystone, effects on the output, Layers routed to the Output)

To route a layer to the output:
1. Select the layer
2. Scroll down in the inspector
3. Uncheck all "Composition" checkboxes
4. Check the "Output" checkboxes

Now the Layer is on top of everything (and also ignored by the mask).

Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Re: Matrix Output and Masks

Postby jaykoller » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Yes. By lights I mean the LED lights driven by the Matrix Patch.

I understand about the output routing, however I think I have two things going on that is not allowing the matrix to see what I want. The desired effect is for the matrix to see the content as if there is not warp or mask on it. I am doing two things that I think are effecting this in a way that I do not want it to.

1. I have a mask on a graphic layer that is on top of everything. That way no matter what I do below it, and what content is provided, I do not have bleed onto the cyc from the projectors (one projector is driving all 4 panels)

2. Because I am projecting from odd angels I am using warper even though the image and surface is square. To make the warp easy I am using plainer mapping and 4 mesh. One for each panel. This is effectively acting like a mask too.

I think the only solution that I have is to add an output / camera that looks at the same area, but has none of the above elements, however that would mean adding another box. I was looking for a way to do it with that I have existing.

Hope this clears it up.
jaykoller

Return to Tools (Matrix, Splitter, Image Converter, PB Menu)