Patching video tiles and not, need more functions.

Everything related to the coolux Tools

Moderator: Moderator Group

Patching video tiles and not, need more functions.

Postby ^nto » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi, I'm now watching the matrix patcher, all is working but i found a very basilar editor in matrix patcher.

1) For example..... I can't find a "snap" tool, function that can work with a grid or between tiles (if I would patch 2 tiles, i have to calculate every time their relative position)

2) If I need to marge tiles or dmx fixtures using the same map? If I made a patch and a map with a barco tiles but on real work I have to use an other brand tiles.. I need to make all again or there is a marge function?

3) If I made an array and need to scale it? I tried to select all tiles and use scale tool but it don't affect all tiles. How can I operate with a group of fixtures/tiles?

I have to study more or I can't really do all of this operations?
3 x Pandoras Box v8
PB WD Pro
^nto

Re: Patching video tiles and not, need more functions.

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello,

There is an array add tool that can add multiple tiles at the same time.
There is a Fixture Editor that you can use to create new fixtures.
Scaling fixtures as a group is not possible. (they all scale by themselves)
The best way is if you already know the scale and everything and then use this information to set up the array tool properly.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Re: Patching video tiles and not, need more functions.

Postby ^nto » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi man!

Tnx for your attention!

Array tool is not sufficient if I would, for ex. , place two consecutive tiles with 45° angle, with a "snap tool" became easier.... or they can implement the alignment tools

I know the fixture editor but I made an other question.. if I have a complete patch and map with a kind of tile.. and i have to change the brand/typology of tiles, how can I replace objects in my project? I have to make it again?
Same problem with the "group operations".... what happen if I have a complete project and I need to change something?

The best way is if you already know the scale and everything and then use this information to set up the array tool properly.
I know.. but Isn't always possible!
3 x Pandoras Box v8
PB WD Pro
^nto

Return to Tools (Matrix, Splitter, Image Converter, PB Menu)