您好 来自 中国的 问题 by chinese

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

您好 来自 中国的 问题 by chinese

Postby liudaqiancoolux » Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 am

hi all,i am built a box in 3dmax and export a .xfile just as pb manual,but when i put it in PB,the box can't display completely,and i find that i download x.file from pb
website is different on my xfile .how to solve this problem ,thax .the next step i want project on a car ,give me some suggestions thax very much!

您好 , 我用3d max导入生成的 .x 文件 不能显示在manager里
请问怎么设置才对 谢谢
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liudaqiancoolux

Re: 您好 来自 中国的 问题 by chinese

Postby Julia Foest » Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 am

Hi,

your object mapping is correct - it is just too big!
If you put it on a layer with a content you have to scale it down a lot, then you will see your object. Without scaling you are "in the box", so you don't see anything.

Please mind that a plane that covers the PB fullscreen is 16 units wide and depending on the outputs aspect ratio it it 12 units high (when having 4by3 output) or 9 units high (when having 16by9 output).
Take this as relevance for your object size.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby CLOUD_HXW » Tue May 31, 2011 10:32 am

thank you a lot! we Ready to a show in June - project video on a car. first i bulid a car that want will put some video on it, second i export the xfile and load it to PB . next what do i do to realize the effect that present on you office website ? Do you have some suggustions about project video on a car?
CLOUD_HXW

Postby Julia Foest » Tue May 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi there,

please have a look at this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1239&p=3688&hilit=car#p3688 where Daniel gave a short explanation.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby CLOUD_HXW » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:53 am

thank you juila ! i understand it a bit.i st ill have some problems .
1.what's the most common usage in the build project and car project situation ,3d warp or build in 3d max?
2. i find that "before exporting .x file you will have to apply a material with a diffuse channel to the object so that PB can use this texture channel to map images on it."in the user manual. --what kind of the "material" for diffuse channel -a bmp or another ? and PB how to use this channel?
CLOUD_HXW

Postby Julia Foest » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi,

to answer your questions:
1.what's the most common usage in the build project and car project situation ,3d warp or build in 3d max?

It depends on how complex the surface is. Some surfaces will be fine using the warper, others (like eg. the car) are done using 3D objects that will be adjusted then on site.

Please see these posts as well:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=214&hilit=car
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=429&p=852&hilit=car#p852

2. i find that "before exporting .x file you will have to apply a material with a diffuse channel to the object so that PB can use this texture channel to map images on it."in the user manual. --what kind of the "material" for diffuse channel -a bmp or another ? and PB how to use this channel?

It does not matter which kind of material you choose - important is that you have the UVW-Mapping on your object. This mapping gives Pandoras Box the information how the Texture (=content loaded on the layer) will be mapped around the object.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby CLOUD_HXW » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:41 am

thanks a lot julia !i think i could do this car project now ! but there maybe have some another problems when we do this project,i would to consult
you . thank you agin!
CLOUD_HXW

Return to Warping