Warper not fullscreen

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

Warper not fullscreen

Postby azman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Hello,
I'm experiencing an issue with warper,

I create a warp file & export mesh when I bring the x file into the timeline (server LT) it is considerably smaller than the projected area & is not using the full resolution of the projector.

I have tried a number of different settings in warper but would assume using fullscreen & export 1:1 is what I want?

I have V5 installed on the server but am running 4.7 (as program/timeline was done in 4.7 - client wont pay from time to reprogram timeline in v5), could this be my issue?

Regards

Az
azman

Re: Warper not fullscreen

Postby Martina Protze » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Az,
could you please provide us with more information what you are doing... and what rev you are working with - is it Rev 5771?

in Pandoras Box:
are you assigning the x file to a layer or to the camera?
are you working with two outputs?
should both outputs be warped?

in the Warper:
are you using the option "stretched to left / right" or is it with "primary/secondary" ?
What settings are set on the graphic card - two equal outputs in horizontal stretch?

greetings,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby azman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Martina,

I updated 4.7 when I installed v5 on the system - I believe it is Rev 6418 but will need to confirm, I won't get back to system to check for a week or so.

In PB I am assigning the 2x .x files (left.x & right.x) to 2x cameras - both are warped (horizontal)

In Warper - i'm using primary & secondary
the settings are 2x outputs both 1920x1200.

Regards
azman

Postby Martina Protze » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Az,
when I get you right you have your outputs in horizontal stretch (not dual view / extended desktop)
if so, please use stretch left / right instead of primary /secondary

Here´s a little more explanation copied from the helpfile:
PRIMARY OUTPUT/SECONDARY OUTPUT
By default the warping grid opens on your primary output. If you want to do the warping for your secondary output, here you can switch it to the secondary output. If you open the application one more time, you can work on both outputs simultaneously. (graphicscard setting: extended mode / dual view).

STRETCH LEFT / STRETCH RIGHT
When you have two outputs and the graphicscard is in STRETCH mode (recommended for older ATI cards and latest NVidia cards), please use this option to position the warper’s mesh on the left or right output.

best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby azman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:26 am

Hi Matina,

I am in dual view & create each mesh for each individual output,

I have been thru the help file a number time before posting.

I will be able to post some images in a few days,

Any suggestions before then would be appreciated.

Regards,
azman

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi Azman,

exporting a mesh 1:1 means, that the texture will be used 1:1 on this object and the warper forgets about the previously used offset values.

There is no option to export it in a different resolution than the one you are using.
Is there a chance, that you have are in a slightly different view while warping? Is the warper larger than fullscreen? (I wouldn't know how to achieve that...)

What happens when you create a new warp as fullscreen (using the checkbox). Are all outlines of the testpattern visible?
How does it look like when you directly export this one and use it in Pandoras Box?

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby malkuth23 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Is Warper scaling universal across different versions of Pandoras?

Could he be using Warper from one version, but running a different version of PB?

Could this cause an issue?
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi!

The warper inside the new Revision from 4.7 is the same as the one in the latest Version 5.
As we are dealing with generic units known from 3D-environments nothing has changed inside the Pandora environment.

16 GU (generic units) are one screen width. This remains the same across the versions although the readout from 1600 to 16 has changed.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby malkuth23 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 pm

I know that if you launch Warper with the system set to one resolution and then change it to another your warp will be incorrect. Even if it looks correct in warper.

Warper must be launched with the resolution set correctly.

I know it sounds crazy, but I have even seen the sync rate affect the scaling on some outputs.

Make sure all your resolution settings are exactly correct. EDID is my worst enemy.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby runcdfirst » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:07 pm

For that i always use an edid emulator, so im sure that the output resolution is always right.

L.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Marcus Brigstocke -
runcdfirst

Return to Warping