Warper V4.7 and 3DS Max export

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

Warper V4.7 and 3DS Max export

Postby akarasik » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi,

I am working on a project where i have to project onto a giant '50' with a white wall behind it so the video needs to be as close to perfect as possible. I have created the object in 3ds max and used the PandaSoft Exporter to export it as a .x file. It works fine when i import it into PB Manager and players but every time i try to use the 'merge .x files' in the warper application it crashes. I have done most of my touch-ups in 3ds max but am wondering if there is another way to tweak the mesh with the warper, Pandora's Box Player Pro or PB Manager LT. I am running V 4.7 Rev 5771. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam
akarasik

Re: Warper V4.7 and 3DS Max export

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Adam,

the merge .x-files functionality is designed for merging .x-files produced by the PB Warper tool. We never intended and tested if this will work with other .x-files as well.
As well there is no chance to import .x-files into the warper. The warper is meant as an easy tool for everybody to achieve projections on easy up to little complicated surfaces without having any knowledge on 3d-authering tools.
If you know these kind of applications, you could think about using them to warp directly with these on the surface without touching the warper at all. We do this as well ourselves with GMAX for warping on cars, dome projections or other detailed shapes.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Warping