pbox warper

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

pbox warper

Postby vjalguem » Mon May 07, 2012 7:00 pm

hello
I have a doubt
in version 4.6 Rev 4569 I have an option in warper which is the KEY, where the background is transparent.
I wonder if this option is still there and I'm not finding that
or it was removed from the new versions?
thank you
vjalguem

Re: pbox warper

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Tue May 08, 2012 8:49 am

Hi,

this feature is not any longer present since Version 4.7.
So you are no too blind to find it.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby Martina Protze » Tue May 08, 2012 10:20 am

Hello ,
you are right, the "key"option has been removed since the 4.7 version. May I ask why you would like to see through the grid in order to see the desktop? What would you like to achieve? Maybe we can find another way...

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Postby vjalguem » Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 pm

hello
I do have reason to feel really miss this tool and I wonder if it is possible to get back in the next versions??
I'll explain why I need, I have in every player pandora's a matrox card with 4 video outputs, so I can use 4 outputs to a single image. and when I go to use the blend, when i will need to override the warps have warp 2 transparent background to see the warp1 and fit the second one on one. is not to see the desktop, is to see the other warper...
do not know if I was clear, if not understand, please let me know that I try to explain otherwise ...
thanks for attention
rafael
vjalguem

Postby Martina Protze » Tue May 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi rafael,
for this function the Warper has new options. Open one Warper and select File > Quad Output > Quad Output 1 > Ok the question if you want to create a new object. Now if you want the mesh to be "fullscreen" go to "New" and check the checkbox "1:1..."
then you open a second Warper and select File > Quad Output > Quad Output 2 > Ok and so on. At the end you will have 4 Warpers showing you 4 meshes at the same time. As far as I understood your post this is what you want to achieve, if not please explain it once more as I am really not sure ;)

Nevertheless I will forward the request to the developers and ask them why the transparent option is not available anymore

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Martina Protze

Postby vjalguem » Wed May 09, 2012 5:40 pm

not good for me because the grid has to be transparent in order to see the other grid and can overlay one over the other ...
in order to adjust the blending in 20%

the KEY function was very useful for me, I still use the versions that have this option

thanks a lot
vjalguem

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Thu May 10, 2012 10:56 am

Hi,

I am not really getting what you are trying to do.
If you are having projectors lighting onto each other on the screen, you will not need to see this on your desktop as it is not having the distortion like the real world.

I am trying to find a solution for you, but I'm really not getting your reason to do it this way.
Unfortunately it is not possible to bring back the transparency as we completely redesigned the warper and the new render engine inside cannot handle transparency to the background.

Please let me know what exactly you are doing.
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Postby Martina Protze » Thu May 10, 2012 11:27 am

Hi,
maybe I understood the request and with the help of the developer I found a way for you. You open ONE Warper application and with the ADD Button you insert more meshes. If you apply a texture to all meshes you will see all of them (if you select Mesh 3 the mesh-grid will be seen on mesh 3 only)
So, the solution is, that you create your own textures, eg you open our testpattern which has a white line grid already select all black parts and remove them, then you save the pic as a png with transparent areas. You apply that texture to all grids and adjust you overlay / blending with the texture-lines not the mesh-lines any more. Does that work for you?

If not we really have to ask to explain your setup and workflow in detail (#pc, #graphic card, #outputs, # matrox # heads, one connected to each output?, #warper applications, #projectors, #rev of pb player, do you apply the exported mesh to a layer or to the camera, do you merge several meshes or are you using them separately ? how are you doing the softedge-in the content already or with an aeon effect? )

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Martina Protze

Return to Warping