How to do

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

How to do

Postby satanete666 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:10 am

One of my customer wanto to do a semi spherical projection, he wants to do noly with one proyector on the top of the room and under this the semi sphere, he said me that the content is in nasa standard format, is posible to do that? and is it posible how can i do?
thanks
satanete666

Re: How to do

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:49 am

Hi!

Basically this is possible, yes. Of course you have to think about the physical restrictions as the light will only touch the outside of the sphere at the region of the equator.
In this area, a single pixel will be a thin stripe, as the light is not projected orthogonal.

You could think about using a sphere object on the layer and scaling it with the z position. Some little distortions can be solved with the keystoning. This would be the quick and dirty version.
Of course, you can take your time and be very exact within the warper and bend everything where it belongs. The only problem is, that you normally would need a circular mesh which is not available within the warper. If you know GMAX or other 3D modeling tools, use these to be perfect on the semi-sphere.

Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Warping