More texture ID's on one 3D object

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

More texture ID's on one 3D object

Postby simon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Hello,

Can I give specific polygons texture ID's in the warper or in 3dsmax to a 3D object, and use them to apply different textures in the PB manager.
If not.... Is there another possibility to apply more textures to one 3D object.

Thanks,

Simon
simon

Re: More texture ID's on one 3D object

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi Simon,

You can only have one 2D texture per layer, that means that you can not have multiple textures assigned to/addressed in one object.

It is possible to simply have multiple layers and split up your original object. Then you can assign one texture on one layer for one part of a object and another layer with a different texture for the other part of the object. You have to move/scale/rotate them simultaniously. I don't know if this is a working solution, but you can give it a try.

Another solution is a bit more complicated and rather limited in several ways.
You could, for instance have 4 layers scaled down to 50% and aligned in a 2 by 2 grid. Then you can use a fifth layer on top of these and use the "Render History" AeonFX to retrieve the merged texture. This might limit your movement/translation capabilities of the fifth layer.

If my explanation is unclear I can create two examples when I'm back in the office.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Re: More texture ID's on one 3D object

Postby simon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for you post, we figured that also out already... so now we know for sure we are on the right track. :)

Kind Regards,

Simon
simon

Return to Warping