GMAX Object warping help

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

GMAX Object warping help

Postby isaiahm » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:03 am

Hey everyone,
I am trying to make warp using GMax with objects.....
Tree_GMAX.png

When I exported it using the Pandoras box exporter, it doesn't seem to have warped it around the edges, I also tried using the middle man program, and I had the same trouble.

Is their a way to export it into coolux warper, and warp the edges in there?

Any ideas/advice please let me know!

Thanks,
Isaiah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
isaiahm

Re: GMAX Object warping help

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:39 am

Hey,

It's not clear to me what you mean by "warped around the edges". The UV mapping (where the parts of the image should go onto the object) should probably be done in GMAX. The warper allows a few automatic mappings as well (like planar, spherical, cylinder).

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby isaiahm » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 am

I have successfully exported it. I am now having trouble making the Unwrapped UV for the content creators, to work with. I have used Blender to export the UV Map, but it doesn't look correct...

TEMP.png

That is what I am getting everytime I export it using Blender.. (NOTE: The colors are so that the content creators can recognize it easier)

Isaiah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
isaiahm

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:32 pm

Hello,

That is something that I can not really help you with, since I am not very experienced with blender (in fact in no 3D modelling app at all).

There are a lot of good resource on the web where you can find guidance using blender. If you have any Pandoras Box related problem then I can probably help you more.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Warping