triplehead warp

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

triplehead warp

Postby wijnand » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi,
Ik currently working on a setup where we connect 2 Matrox Triplehead's to one dual output videocard to get a final canvas of (6x 1280x768) 7680x768. After setting all this up, the canvas works in Windows and PB can handle the canvas. This computer has 2 PD player STD dongles and is connected to a manager PC (manager LT dongle) from where I try to work with the VLC connection and the warper tool.
Now im trying to find out a correct workflow to stitch these 6 canvases nicely together to create a perfect whole one. What I try it won't turn out in a working solution for my setup. Although there are some triple head "settings" to start from in the warper, these work only on 1/3 of the firs beamer, instead of on the whole first beamer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wijnand
Wijnand van der Horst Lighting Design
Coolux Player STD 5.5
wijnand

Re: triplehead warp

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Hello,

I know that I'm pretty late for the party but anyways here we go:

The warper should be started so that it covers one output (Pandoras Box Output) at a time. The TripleHead settings are meant for the case where you are using three dongles (so 3 Output devices).

In your case you are using 6 Projectors but with only two Pandoras Box Outputs. That means that you have to put the warper on the first triple head and then the second triple head. By modifying the UV positions on the meshes you can create three meshes per warper (or per triple head) and then stitch everything together.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby claude.rivet » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Triplehead works? I am surprised. So with a quad I could potentially drive 12 projectors? There has to be some limitation, issues with timing...
claude.rivet

Postby Benni_M » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 am

Hi,

a TripleHead2Go needs DVI-Dual Link input.
You have just 2 DVI-Dual Link Outputs on a Quad Server. The DVI Processor is a converter to make one DVI-Dual Link to 2 DVI- Single Link signals.

You see, you can't use a TripleHead2Go after the DVI Processor.

That is my information.
Maybe someone from coolux can explain if it's right.

Greets,
Benni
Benni_M

Postby ricky » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm not from Coolux but I'm pretty sure youre right. It's possible to connect triple head to go directly to server's DVI outputs but not after the Coolux DVI processor. At least you will get 6 outputs from one server using matrox solution, but you won't e see 6 outputs in PB GUI to manage them separately. You will find an effect into Aeon FX tab >> UV Mapping created for triple head that helps a lot.
Last edited by ricky on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--ricky--

Tech Sales, Tech Support & Betatesting Coolux
Molpass srl
http://www.molpass.com
ricky

Postby claude.rivet » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks for the tips!
claude.rivet

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:37 am

Hey,

I have never worked with the TripleHead. Keep in mind that the triple head splits the resolution available on one DVI into three, so you probably won't get much out of it.

Actually you could feed your system with 6 Licences to run 2 TripleHead outputs (Total 6 Screens), you only have to set up the "Subdivision" on each DISPLAY to "3", or if there is only one DISPLAY in the Render Engine settings, then you're running Spanning Mode which means a Subdivision of 6 would be needed.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Warping