PB Warper

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

PB Warper

Postby fanatikk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:56 am

Im using v4 build 3288

I have 2 projectors on the celling. I wrap my screen perfectly projector left and right, when im exporting the wrap in dot X, in my Manager my dot X is too small in I lost totally my line dimension. ???
don't understand. 16x9 and 4x3 same thing :S waaaaa
fanatikk

Re: PB Warper

Postby lucken » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:05 am

- Did you use the warper that is supplied with this version of Pandoras Box? You have to use the supplied warper of each version.
- did you change the screen resolution after that Pandoras Box was started ? If yes, then restart the Pandoras Box software.
lucken

Postby fanatikk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:38 am

Yes ! I use the PB Warper from my Pandoras Box.
My resolution is 2048 X 768 on 2 projectors.

and I want to know if a upgrade my pandoras box my version now is v4 build 3288 to the most recent I will lost every video that I put inside ?
fanatikk

Postby Patrick Verhey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:30 am

Hi,

are you using a Player or a Server? If you are talking about a 2048x768 resolution, what is the setting of each grafic card output? If it is a server with an V3 Hardware and a ATI Grafic Card, you are using the grafic card in a streched mode for Pandoras Box, but in the warper you need to du 2 warping files. One for each camera.

Can you give me some more details on your setup please. That will help me to provide excat information what you need to do.

You can upgrade to the latest version without a Problem. Only the jump from 3.5 to 4.0 is not so easy as we change a lot of things there. But from 4.0 to any further Version is no Problem.
And anyway it is not a real "update". You install a new Application so that you can still use the old one. This way you can try out the new Version but leave the old one on your computer till you are comfortable with all the new features.

best regards

Patrick

Postby fanatikk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:28 am

I use 2 computers one for working with and the other one is the server. I need to open a VNC Viewer to enter inside my server and trying to Warp my 2 cameras. And yes, I make 2 warp for each camera but im still having a dimension problem don't know why. My master Warps are good, but with time the camera move a little bit and I want to make a fresh new warps. When Im working in the server with PB Warper, my camera 1 lines perfectly and the second one too. I know, im doing something wrong but what ??? grrr LOL just I little delay a forgot.

check the picture left side my warp are good --- the right side my new wrap look like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fanatikk

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 am

Hi,

okay, not to easy to find the problem without sitting in front of the system. But I will do my very best....

Here is a short list of things you could check:

1.) are there any other settings on the camera beside the mesh? Offset, Axis, Rotation, Mode 0?

2.) are all the layer settings on default when you put a testpattern on it?

3.) did the output resolution of the server changend after the warping?

4.) are you sure you have the right mesh on the right camera? primary and scondray output?

5.) is the server grafic card set to dual mode, so do you have two individual desktop pictures or one big one?

6.) Did you try to do that with the Rev 4254? and also with the right warper for that version?

7.) how do you open the client and the warper? are you using the PB Menue Buttons for that? Or do you open the Pandoras Box with the windows task bar and the warper with the button? It is important to really have the same version.

Sorry for asking a lot of silly questions. I assume you did most of the things right, but I need to find the mistake.
Let me know if you did find something.

best regards

Patrick

Postby fanatikk » Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 am

5.) is the server grafic card set to dual mode, so do you have two individual desktop pictures or one big one? BIG ONE 2048 X 768 on Primary the secondary not using

I use the PB Warper directly on the client button.
fanatikk

Postby Patrick Verhey » Sun May 02, 2010 6:16 am

Hi,

ah okay, if you are using a horizontal streched output you need to create a warping file for each side. So once you have opend the warper you go to file "streched right" and the warping grid will jump to the right part of your screen. Now go to file new and set the FFD points to whatever you need. But in anyway you need to start a new file to make it work right.

Now you open another warper and go to "streched left" and do the same thing.

After that you should have to individual warping grids on your both outputs.
You need to create two different warings since the camera in Pandoras Box will handle the streched screen as two screens. So you need to have a mesh for camera one and a different one for camera two. After ading the mesh to each camera move your camera offset to what you need.

Now everything should be fine.

If you are using ATI Grafic cards it is fine to run the streched mode. If you are using NVIDIA Grafic cards the performance will be much better running them in dual mode.

I hope that helps you. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

best regards

Patrick

Postby fanatikk » Fri May 21, 2010 1:04 am

I don't have the option streched right or left. I just see primary output and secondary output and when I click it's doesn't do anything special.
Im tire to try and try again.

I think I will call a tech support near my town, im from canada quebec, MONTREAL.
If you have a reference number it will be great ! thanks
fanatikk

Postby Patrick Verhey » Fri May 21, 2010 7:35 am

Hi,

please give Andre Girard a ring, he will be able to help you.

André Girard
127 de Courcelle, Montréal
Québec, Canada. H4C-3B4
Canada

Tel.: +1 514 513 2897

email: girard@coolux.de
www.coolux.de

best regards

Patrick

Return to Warping