?: Make a softedge ...... Which way?

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

?: Make a softedge ...... Which way?

Postby alverman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:12 am

I am new user of PB.
I have 2 player and a manager lt.
I created the warp, and I saved the configuration of the two players but at this point I do not know what to get softedge and apply the warping saved.
Does anyone explain me step by step operation to make soft edge, apply warp saved and add a second Camera in the preview window.
I have two players but in the preview window I see only global and Camera1! Why?

Thanks for your help

Alverman
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
** La famiglia ti nutre, ti veste .... finchè non sei pronto per girare il mondo alla ricerca di qualcosa di tuo. **
alverman

Re: ?: Make a softedge ...... Which way?

Postby Jason Riordan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:21 am

Welcome to the world of PB.

I would suggest that for your first time using PB either Server or Player Pro, my choice would be to use the Keystone correction in PB. To use the warper for your first time keystone correcting, it will be a little challenging.

To start off with, I would suggest you read the previous post here in this forum regarding how to softedge blend. Just remember that it takes practice...

Please also remember that there are also video tutorials for you to understand how to use the warper. With the warper as your keystone correction, you will not be able to use the Keystone functions once you place a mesh on the camera.

I hope this helps...
Jason Riordan
pixel magic design Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jason Riordan

Postby alverman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:14 pm

I already tried to wartp on a model that represents the work I have to do.

070820101450.jpg

It is not very precise, but it is just to understand the work we should do.

070820101459.jpg

My first problem is that I do not know how to insert the mesh pandora file settings saved with the warp.

Tanks for your help

Alverman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
** La famiglia ti nutre, ti veste .... finchè non sei pronto per girare il mondo alla ricerca di qualcosa di tuo. **
alverman

Postby Patrick Verhey » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi,

to be honest thats a really advanced setup for a first time Pandoras Box use. But it also looks pretty well already. Not very much to add.
Here a few comments which I would take care of:

1.) The right panes looks a bit "wavy". You need to do some more adjustments on that one to straight out the image. But it is on a good way already.
2.) The left panel looks pretty well. Only the bottom lines are running not parallel to the panel edge. So thats something to get on as well.
3.) The back panel is pretty good. Also the overlapping area is pretty good. Above the lower circle there is little area which looks like double lines, but thats maybe also caused by the picture. Not so easy to tell from here.
3.) If you do a warping with softedge I would always set one mesh colour to red and the other one to green. This will make nice yellow lines in the overlap area and helps a lot to see double linse.
4.) for the setup you are using I would also cut out all grid pieces you do not need. To see a good result better use a "real" picture instead of the grid. Maybe a sky or something bright. The select a mesh point and press "D" on your keyboard. This will delete the box which is up and right from the selected point. If you want to have it back, press D again.
5.) Right at the edge of the front panel, I would cut out a whole line of mesh points. That way you have a much better chance to setup your mesh on this edge. Right know the lines from the back panel are running up to match the side panel. You can avoid this if you delete a row of boxes in this are.
6.) same as 5 for the right panel, back edge.
7.) On the back panel I do see a black upper right corner. I don´t know if this is a shadow of the front right panel. For me it looks like the front right panel need to physically move up a bit.
8.) Save your settings during your work as a .wrp file. This file can be edited to do later adjustments.
9.) The .wrp file cannot be used in Pandoras Box. So you need to export each file as a .x file with the "export mesh" funktion. This .x file needs to be loaded into your Pandoras Box Project. Once you did that you need to put load it on the camera mesh of each camera. If you are using a Server the Camera 1 will be always the primary output and camera 2 the secondary. It is important to put the right mesh on the right camera.
10.) Once you did that you need to set the softedge on both cameras. This is like a tryout, but as you have made it a pretty good 25% overlap you should only need to put SE R to max for the one Camera and SE L to max for the other one. SE RC and SE LC can go to 0. This should give you a pretty good result.
11.) Move the x-ofset of both cameras to the center of your screen and now you are able to bring nay layer up to any of your panels. Or on all panels.....

I hope that helps you. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Regarding to your local position you might also consider to attend a Pandoras Box training near to your place. In these trainings you will learn all the great things about Pandoras Box. Altough it looks like you know a lot already :idea:

best wishes

Patrick

Postby alverman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:48 am

I managed to set the mesh in the two camera.
I also set the various parameters softedge but the two projectors I see the two distinct images rather than a single.

Why?

Thanks, Alberto
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
alverman

Postby Julia Foest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:56 am

Hey Alberto,

I'm sorry, I did not really get the problem. Did you do the following steps?

- you loaded the two mesh objects to your camera1 and camera2
- you put a testpattern on a layer
- you select both cameras, click on the align-tool on the bottom of the PB Window until you get two arrows (align <> or align ><)
- you move the X Offset-Fader of Cam1 or Cam2, so that both testpattern seem to move to the middle, until both center points exactly match in the center of the middle panel of your setup
- you select the cameras one after each other and change the value for SE LC / SE RC to zero
- you adjust SE L / SE R so that the overlapping area is not visible anymore.

If this does not lead to the proposed result, maybe a photo of your situation would be helpful!

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Postby alverman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:08 am

Ok!
I managed to merge the two images and bring it to full screen scaling the two images with x scale for Left and Right projector .......... right?
Now I want to put any content that I always have to plug in both layers of a Camera 1 at the same layer of the Camera 2?
I always have to alter their x scale ?
This the right way?

Thanks, Alverman
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
alverman

Postby Julia Foest » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:18 am

Yes, you will always have to scale the content in X axis when it should cover both outputs.

An additional hint when working in such a setup (two players in master/client mode, softedge): you could combine both players to a Virtual Site to get a work and time saving solution. Then you will have eg a Virtual Layer 1, Virtual Layer 2 etc and both cameras. Editing Virtual Layer 1 will effect both: Layer 1 of Player 1 and Layer 1 of Player 2. To do this: select both players in Device Tab, rightclick --> create virtual site.
Please note: all data stored to your timeline will be delete when creating a Virtual Site.
Please see the Pandoras Box Helpfile for more information.

Best regards,
Julia
Julia Foest

Return to Warping