Do the server and player of the hardware version have the ma

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Do the server and player of the hardware version have the ma

Postby godbird » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:18 am

Hi.
This is my question:
Can the server and player of the hardware version open the manager software without installing a dongle?

I didn't see accurate information about this content in the Product Overview. Maybe we should be more explicit in the product description. Otherwise, after purchasing the server and player hardware server, I am not sure if I still need to purchase a manager dongle.

Looking forward to receiving a reply.
godbird

Re: Do the server and player of the hardware version have th

Postby Christian Hinxlage » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi Godbird,

to run the managersoftware on a player or server hardware, you either have to plug in another dongle which owns a manager license or you can update the dongle that is inside the machine with a manager license.
For the second option, you have to readout the player/server dongle with our readout tool ( https://www.coolux.de/cooluxsupport/don ... procedure/ ) and purchase the license through your local dealer.

I would recommend to go for the first option so you can use the manager on any hardware.

cheers,

Christian
Christian Hinxlage
Technical Support Manager

Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
www.christiedigital.com
Christian Hinxlage
Site Admin

Return to Pandoras Box V6