Fader Value Manager / Widget Designer

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Fader Value Manager / Widget Designer

Postby keil » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:00 pm

Dear readers,

i tried to find something in the forum regarding this topic but i cant find any.
i'd like to connect the opacity from a device in the manager with a fader in widget designer and keep them updateted if i change the value of the opacity in the manager.
i tried it with a device parameter input node linked to a fader output node but this is not working properly.
any ideas or recommandations?

thanks in advance!

( i am using manager 6.4.4 and 6.5.0 widget designer )

i totally forgot to mention that this should work in the timeline when it is playing. so, changing values in the manager should change values on the fader in WD. realtime.
keil

Re: Fader Value Manager / Widget Designer

Postby justyn roy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:55 pm

Hello!

Do you need two-way communication/functionality, or is this just to monitor those values?
Monitoring is much easier, this is why I ask.
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby keil » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:17 am

hey!

yeah i'd Like to have an communication in both ways. is there a solution for? thanks for your help!
keil

Postby keil » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:51 pm

push
keil

Postby justyn roy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi.
"Silent" is the modifier you're looking for in Widget.
I'm guessing the reason it wasn't working before is that it was activating the value (turning it red) so the opacity would ignore the timeline.

Here is a screenshot of my setup.
Moving this fader will change the opacity on Layer 1 in the Manager, but it will not make it active - so it will still follow the timeline.
When the opacity changes in the manager, it will also change the fader in the Widget.

BUT - because it is not active, the Manager will always have "the last say" - if you've changed the value of the opacity in Widget with this fader, then hit "play" for the timeline, the Manager will set the opacity to the saved value and ignore what the Widget told it to do.
The fader in the Widget will follow to show you this.

I hope this is what you were looking for, if not, perhaps an example from you may be the best way to explain it.

WidgetFaderConnection.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Return to Pandoras Box V6