Urgent sequence assistance needed.

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Urgent sequence assistance needed.

Postby zuza » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:02 pm

Hello.
I need urgent advice on already.
PB ver 6.1.3, PB Manager connected to PB Server. A sequence of images placed on the graphic layer. I move the sequence cursor to the next image and leave it there, after about 3 minutes the image on projectors connected to PB Server goes out, in the preview in PB manager it is still there. The same happens with the video, it goes out on projectors, it is still visible in the preview in PB Manager. Why is this happening? Where can I set so that the image never fades out?
The second thing is, as the image on the projectors will fade out, you can't display anything on them again. The only thing that helped me was reloading the show. How can projectors be refreshed from PB Manager?
I will be very grateful for any hint and explanation.
and so completely to the side. How can I remove completely e.g. video from sequence, Delete doesn't work like in bp 6.4.4?
zuza

Re: Urgent sequence assistance needed.

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:55 am

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly.
Try to reach the supporthotline, your problem seams very specific to your setup and needs more information.

Or PM me and I will try to help.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:58 am

When you say the projector goes out. Do you mean the projector looses Signal or turns off or render output goes black?

Does it fade out?
Is it a coolux / Christie server or own hardware?
What kind of OS and GPU?

Powersaving Settings correct? Just checking ;-)

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby zuza » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:23 pm

Hello Daniel.
I would like to contact you on PW, I just haven't found where.
Używasz języka polskiego? Było by mi łatwiej.
zuza

Postby zuza » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:27 pm

We have a Coolux server with W8.1, PK1 - 480 GB SSD (RAID1), 2xXeon, Nvidia Quadro? 4 video outputs, card with two HDMI inputs. PB 6.1.3.
Something like this
https://ltt.com.pl/produkt/pandoras-box-server
Pandoras Box Manager 6.1.3 installed on MacBook Pro 2019 with W10 ;(.
zuza

Postby Christian Hinxlage » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:05 am

Hi Zuza,
as Daniel already mentioned, please contact us via Support.
You can write an email to support.pandorasbox@christiedigital.com
Please add the logfiles of the server and the projectfile without content.

In general PB should work on a Macbook with Win10, but since we do not support that, we also do not test it, so we can't say if there are any issues with.

Answering all of Daniels questions would also help.
"When you say the projector goes out. Do you mean the projector looses Signal or turns off or render output goes black?
Does it also happen with the server only showing the desktop?

Does it fade out? Is it a regular fade or does it simply cut off"

Regards,
Christian
Christian Hinxlage
Technical Support Manager

Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
www.christiedigital.com
Christian Hinxlage
Site Admin

Postby zuza » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:12 pm

So yeah. By saying the projector goes out, I mean the rendering goes black. This is a quick shutdown, cut off. At the same time, I had a Panasonic projector on one output and a regular LCD monitor on the other. Both went out at the same time, so it's probably not the fault of the projector.
I'm a complete newbie in this system, so I'm probably making a mistake somewhere.
This fading of outputs does not occur during sequence playback, only when, for example, I have sequentially arranged photos to be displayed, I move the cursor to, for example, 9m10s and leave it there, on a specific picture. I arrange the light for the scene with this picture, it takes some time and then, after about three minutes, the picture goes blank, but only on the server, on a laptop with PB Manager, the picture is still there.
Since the last post, I have changed the following things. I changed the sequence length from three minutes to 30 minutes in the sequence settings. I changed the time zone and region to Poland in the server system settings. I added a layer video with the video. For now, the problem is gone.
Can this fading be influenced by the sequence length setting (although I do not play it)?
Can the fading be influenced by the fact that I used only graphic layers (not reproducing the sequence, by the way, but somehow editing it over a longer period of time with longer downtimes)?
Why, after such a blanking of the image, the image cannot be displayed again on the outputs. Despite the fact that in the preview in PB Manager, the changes can be made and are visible. There is a way to refresh the connection manager - server / or server video output? And I don't mean reloading a project that works and displays the image back.?
I will send the logfile when I find it and try to restore the show. :)
Thank you and best regards.
zuza

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:15 pm

Hmm,
I understand, and I am glad that the error is gone, but nothing you changed could or should have such an impact.
What kind of GPU are you using and which OS?
Do you have your EDIDs burned into the GPU?
Did you check Power-Saving-Settings?
Log files would help a lot.

Is it possible that it is a cable to one of the displays? Do you also loose signal when you windows desktop is displayed after a while?

Inside PB please check if your sequence opacity is at 100%. You can find it in the sequence inspector.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Return to Pandoras Box V6