Best approach for an interactive wall

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Best approach for an interactive wall

Postby pedro_benito » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:53 am

Hello there.

What will be the best approach to create an interactive wall with the airscan that in the moment you touch on it, the wall shatter in pieces, keeping the rest in the position. But if I touch another part, that part also brokes in pieces.

Hope I explain myself properly.
pedro_benito

Re: Best approach for an interactive wall

Postby dantronic » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Hello Pedro!

I think I know what you want, here is how I would create this effect on the video wall:

For the cracks that grow in place when you touch, make a graphic of a crack pattern, with alpha/transparency.
Put this pattern on a graphic layer with Opacity = 0%.
Then within Widget Designer, the x/y of the Airscan touch is sent to x/y of the the graphic layer, and Opacity -> 100%
Don't forget to trigger a sound effect too if possible!

For the shatter, make a graphic - resolution equalling the full resolution of the wall - made up of pieces of the shattered wall.
Copy each piece of the "puzzle" on its own, with the rest of the pieces alpha/transparent.
Put each piece graphic on a graphic layer Opacity = 0%
Then to trigger the shatter effect, (this can be animated via MM timeline OR with Widget Designer)
Bring the pieces to Opacity -> 100% and let them fall to the ground at different speeds/rotations etc.

best,dan
---
Dan Ribaudo
dantronic

Return to Pandoras Box V6