Split LED Wall Tearing

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Re: Split LED Wall Tearing

Postby Thomas Mrozek » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi,
If you turn on Mosaic mode and sync card setup is correct there should be no issu between 2 outputs on the same machine.
The only way to get it out of sync (as long as containers are lock to time) is to drive 2 different layers on each output and exceeding the performance limit of the server. Please refer to our performance specs.
cheers
Thomas
Thomas Mrozek
Product Manager
Thomas Mrozek

Postby justyn roy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:32 am

I've also found you'll get better results if you map the outputs beside each other.

For example, if you have a 1200 pixel wide panel beside another 1200 panel - start the first output at 719 and not at 0, that way pixel 1200 and 1201 are directly beside each other in the graphics card.

It was many years ago I tried this & I didn't have Mosaic to try it with, just sharing some better results I had.
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Thomas Mrozek wrote:Hi,
If you turn on Mosaic mode and sync card setup is correct there should be no issu between 2 outputs on the same machine.
The only way to get it out of sync (as long as containers are lock to time) is to drive 2 different layers on each output and exceeding the performance limit of the server. Please refer to our performance specs.
cheers
Thomas

To elaborate on this: If you turn on mosaic then Pandoras Box effectively only sees one output, so it can not introduce tearing between outputs if playing one video across both screens. In this case it has to be a problem down your signal chain or display devices.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Previous

Return to Pandoras Box V6