streamix ios

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

streamix ios

Postby videodsh » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Hey everybody,

in our theatre there is a new trend, using mobile devices on stage.
it would be great to have a solution to directly stream or mirror the devicedisplay.
Did anyone use that before? Maybe there is a dirct show airplayserver, or a streamix ios app.

Thanks for your ideas..

Tim
videodsh

Re: streamix ios

Postby malkuth23 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:31 am

I have done it with some app a while ago... The thing to remember is - just because it works in rehearsal, does not mean it will work when hundreds of meatbags turn on their phones and are filling the air with wifi noise.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby videodsh » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi,

which app did you use? seems to me, that you need a "server" app running on the Pandora that ist forwarding the mirrored diplay via directshow.
actually we use an apple TV(latest model) and simply capture the output. is working better than we thought.

Tim
videodsh

Postby malkuth23 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 am

I can't remember the app I used... I think I searched for "use phone as computer webcam" or something like that. Usually they are apps for tweens to stream their phone camera into Skype or something... But it did work.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Return to Pandoras Box V6