Deformation info

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Deformation info

Postby alverman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:30 pm

good morning
having no real model on which to project and make the deformation, would it be possible to do it directly in the warping?
If I load a 3ds model of a facade of any building I thought of adding a mesh and modifying it with the loaded model but this is not possible.
Is there a way to practice in the office?
Another thing I do not understand in facade warping is how to align meshes, without losing linearity, to doors and windows or other elements.
I will hardly find correspondence between mesh crossing points and the various elements.
I had thought that after a first roughing to increase the mesh points but doing so you lose the work done until then.
Would not it be possible to have the possibility to increase the mesh points in a given area without losing the job?

Sorry for the trivial questions but on this subject I would like to deepen.
On the web there are many examples of modeling on curved screens and this seems relatively simple but for more complex modeling there are no examples but only the final results :D

Thanks for your help
Alberto
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
** La famiglia ti nutre, ti veste .... finchè non sei pronto per girare il mondo alla ricerca di qualcosa di tuo. **
alverman

Re: Deformation info

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:34 am

Hello Alberto,

there are many, many ways to solve specific mappings. Maybe you can provide some images/textures/3d objects (screenshots) or something similar (drawings) so that we know what you are dealing with.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Re: Deformation info

Postby alverman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi Dennis,
I do not have a real project to work on. I would just like to understand how it is done 8)
In the meantime I am attaching an image of a random church that I have adapted on the perspective.
Maybe it could be useful for a *.wrp project of a part or all the deformation of any project in order to better understand the work done :D

Thanks for your help, Alberto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PROService -IT
Intel i7 2600K LGA1155
MB P8H67-MLE 16GB
2xSSD 250GB
GTX470
Win 8.1 PRO
Manager STD V6.1
Player PRO V6.1
WDPro V5 2500
** La famiglia ti nutre, ti veste .... finchè non sei pronto per girare il mondo alla ricerca di qualcosa di tuo. **
alverman

Return to Pandoras Box V6