Correct importing project from V.5.10

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Correct importing project from V.5.10

Postby nick-it » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:05 am

Hi!
As i've got an answer from support team " to get all V6.1.0 Features displayed correctly (also waveforms) you need to create a new Project. If you load a project file from an old version audio is not handled with new features.
Please try playing back wav audio in a new project". Does it means that I can't import our old project from 5.10.rev.13378 correctly to new version V.6.1 ever? To reproduce of the old project in the new version is rather a complicated and inconvenient task and the possibility to import is to my mind is the vital task.
Nikolai
nick-it

Re: Correct importing project from V.5.10

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi,
Maybe I do not understand you.
Do you have Problems importing a V5.10 Project into V6.1? If so please contact Support and send them your showfile, so that they can check it.

A correct import means that everything that was possible in V 5.10 is possible in V6.1.
Waveform was not possible in V5.10, which means the site structure of a V5.10 sites does not have that feature. This also means that after an import into V6.1 it will also not have the waveform, but it will look exactly like in V5.10 and work the same. You should not loose any information.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby nick-it » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Thank you Daniel,
I mean exactly what you noticed about vaweform. I've imported the old project succcesfully, but not seen a vaweform. Does it mean that we can't have any way vaweforms in our updated project?

Nikolai
nick-it

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:35 pm

It means that you can not have waveform for old sites.
What you can do is create a new site, reconfigure your Layer Strukture and than copy all the content from the old site to the new.
Depending on your Layer Settings this might be very quick or take a little longer.

But every new site will have waveform.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby nick-it » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 am

Thank you. I'll try to do it in accordance with your advice.
Nikolai
nick-it

Return to Pandoras Box V6