blender -> warper FBX tip

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

blender -> warper FBX tip

Postby florian » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi,

I figured out an issue that might help others out.

My workflow for bringing geometry into the warper usually involves preprocessing the geometry in blender and then exporting it via blender's FBX exporter.

This generally works really well for me, despite having to pretty much always tell warper that the random setting it wants to preset at '100' should be at '1' (no idea what this thing does but 1 seems to scale fine for me).

Anyways, I would periodically get warper crashes when loading fbx files. I thought it was because of the sheer number of points in some of my models, but I now think it might be issues with n-gon support in the warper's fbx importer. If you are in blender and in the mesh editing context you can triangulate all the faces in your warper mesh before exporting it to fbx.
Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.11.28.png

After exporting, larger files still take a bit to load.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-flo

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

Cato the Elder, Plutarch's Life of Cato
florian

Return to Pandoras Box V6