Text Asset Centering

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Text Asset Centering

Postby aferors » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:14 am

I'm using two text layers in PB that are being automatically populated with a lot of different texts from WD for a game show. Hundreds of text assets pulled from an excel spreadsheet

After working with the PB text layer properties I have found that you cant >center-center< the text, you can either >center-top< or >left justified-center<, not sure if this is a bug, i have written a workaround in WD but its alot of manual work by the operator.

Also further to that, when you have a dual-lined centered text the space between the two words is counted as a character space when centering the text (causing it to not be centered properly). You can easily simulate this when you put a few spaces between two words and restrict the text space causing two lines of text.

and .. A feature request I would want to make would be auto font sizing, in other words, if the text reaches the boundaries of the text box it automatically changes its font to suit. Kind of like powerpoint textboxes.

operating system win 7, pandas v6.1.1

Please let me know if you require a further explanation can provide pictures if needed,

cheers
Drew Ferors
Senior Technician
drew.ferors@tdc.com.au

Technical Direction Company, Sydney Australia
www.tdc.com.au
aferors

Re: Text Asset Centering

Postby aferors » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:57 am

Hey further to my first post, I've created a js mockup of exactly what I'm talking about.

https://jsfiddle.net/drewferors/auj1f7y ... uK21JGFIkq

Anyone ever merged a js script into widget designer?
Or (long shot) pandoras manager.
Drew Ferors
Senior Technician
drew.ferors@tdc.com.au

Technical Direction Company, Sydney Australia
www.tdc.com.au
aferors

Return to Pandoras Box V6