Backup Client?

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Backup Client?

Postby djrappa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:12 am

I have a project with 3 active quad players all doing different things and 1 spare quad player.

What I'm hoping to achieve is the ability to 'switch in' the spare to replace any of the others at will in the event of a failure.
I can achieve the routing of the outputs to the appropriate projectors via video matrix.

Am I right in assuming (as long as the content is all loaded in identical locations, etc) that if I change the IP of the site to match the spare machine it will then assume the place of the previous player?

If so, is there any way I can automated that, say with a WD Command?

If that's not possible, what are other peoples ideas for having a redundant machine that can take the place of any other in the system?

Cheers
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Re: Backup Client?

Postby justyn roy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:32 pm

I do this regularly.
It sounds like your setup is already there.

I usually add the Backup machine and hide it so it will automatically receive content when it is spread to the others.

I usually set the IP address first before changing the Matrix to match.

The script you're looking for is:

Code: Select all
DeviceSetIp(Site ID,IP Address)

These can both be either Global or Local Variables OR a set Literal String - if you're setting a Literal, please make sure you're using quotation marks:

Code: Select all
DeviceSetIp("3","2.0.0.11")

Make sure you have a way to route back to the main machine and to put the backup back in place so it can continue to receive content when the system is back up and running.

Let me know if this works for you,
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Re: Backup Client?

Postby djrappa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:21 pm

Ah there it is. I was looking for the command in with the rest of the “PB” prefixed ones.

Thanks for that!
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Return to Pandoras Box V6