Clean container jumping

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Clean container jumping

Postby ericseipel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:55 pm

I have seen on other servers the ability to jump around on the timeline with no glitching (cross fades). Do we have this ability and im just not finding it, or is there any plans in the future to add this ability?

i.e. We have out show timeline set 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D'... we are currently in clip 'B' looping or paused at the end but the client wants to directly cross-fade into 'D' next.

So far my solution is just multiple timelines, but this is a pain in the ass... if any one smarter should be reading this, help would be appreciated.
ericseipel

Re: Clean container jumping

Postby Jason Riordan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Unfortunately you are correct in that function is not in Pandoras. There are work arounds that work quite well for this.

The first you have already experienced is working on multiple timelines for your outs and using those to do your outs.

The second is copying the same container ahead of your section D and jumping into that same container before going into D. If the same clip is already loaded into ram, that is on the same layer, it will make a clean jump into that second container allowing you to make that transition.

Try this and let us know how you made out.
Jason Riordan
pixel magic design Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jason Riordan

Return to Pandoras Box V6