SDI Input Card Problem After Installing Windows 8.1

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

SDI Input Card Problem After Installing Windows 8.1

Postby brun sweater » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi

Because of Windows XP no longer supported in the latest PB version, I've installed Windows 8.1 on my Dual Players. One of the Players have a Coolux SDI Input Card, and I can't get PB to detect it? In the Device Manager the Card is listed with the name %hd.DeviceDesc% wich is obviously wrong? I've tried installing and uninstalling and deleting several driver versions, but to no avail, and no matter if I try and install the latest driver version, downloaded from the download section (6.01) using the latest installer version (2.1), Windows keep listing the driver installed as version 5.4.157.0 ?

I'm obviously missing something? Is there a special procedure to follow?

Running Windows 8.1 Pro and PB 6.1.4 on an original Coolux Dual Player born with Windows XP from around 5 years ago?

Thx in advance and cheers
brun sweater

Re: SDI Input Card Problem After Installing Windows 8.1

Postby brun sweater » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:30 pm

It's working now. Using driver 5.4.91.0

Windows now recognizes the Card as coolux hd-sdi 5_14 and the Card also appears in the asset pool in PB

It's a rather old driver though, so if anybody have some insights into this, I'll appreciate it

Cheers
brun sweater

Return to Pandoras Box V6