3d graphics

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

3d graphics

Postby satanete666 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:00 pm

Is any wayto create or manipulate 3d objects in real time , for example a 3d bars of a question with multiple answer when i collect all the information each bar will adapt to the % that correspond.
satanete666

Re: 3d graphics

Postby frozenwaffles » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:21 pm

this would be possible if you make a 3D object, put it on a layer and then manipulate that layer with widget designer. WD would need to get input from your polling solution...
Im sure its all possible, but very advanced programming :)
Jeremy Koch
Sydney, Australia
Innovative Production Services - http://www.innovative.net.au
hp Z G4 with Windows 10 1809 LTSC (NVidia P5000) - Running V8.8
Manager on Dual Processor Server Hardware - Running V8.8
Widget Designer - Running V6.5.7 beta
frozenwaffles

Postby justyn roy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Jeremy is exactly right.

I have done this very thing in the past.
You would use one 3D object per stat you want to display.
Set the Y Scale of the layer for each item - and note the range - for example, set the scale to 0 for 0% and find the maximum (let's say Y Scale 4.0) for 100%.

Then, again as Jeremy mentioned, you connect a Widget device to each layer to control the Y Scale.

You can automate this using the Widget Designer:
Have the Widget receive data from something external that is generating the data and have the Widget automatically update the bars;
If you are using the Widget Designer Free, you can use a button to add to the bar graph. This script would do the trick:
Code: Select all
DeviceFadeParam(<siteID>,<playerID>,"Y Scale",1)

If you want to make this a little more dynamic, that is completely possible too.

If you need some pointers, this forum is a great place to look for help with that if you're not familiar with Widget Designer or with programming.

Let us know how it goes!
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby satanete666 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:01 am

Dear Justin i can use the widget designer to update the values from excel file without problems but if i use the bars i cant fix the botton place and when i apply a value the bars get larger in both position i can move pivot position for scale but i cant do to be always in the same posiiton in the bottom.

Also if i want to use cilindrical chart , i try with alpha+key but is not posible because when the key is larger thant the fill , you can see a grey image, is any other posibility?

Kind Regards
satanete666

Postby justyn roy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:43 pm

It sounds like you have your parameters linked together.
You can find info on this at the bottom of the page here:
https://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/support/Documentation/Helpfile/#changing_parameter_values.htm
And then yes, you're right, you need to use the scale and rotation offsets to make this work correctly.

I don't understand what you mean with the cylindrical chart question, can you attach some pictures or your project file?
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby satanete666 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi,

That i want to do is to make an animation form void and goes by rotation to this scene.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
satanete666

Postby justyn roy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:13 am

Can you attach your project files so I can give this a try?

Thanks!
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby satanete666 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi Justin,

there is the project and 3d file , the idea is to use with a fill + key output of pandora , i need to hide the rest of 180º chart to be fine.

regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
satanete666

Return to Pandoras Box V6