Companion Connection with Pandoras Box

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Companion Connection with Pandoras Box

Postby dwvsplat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:36 pm

I do not understand why I cannot get companion to connect with my pandora's box. I can get it to connect to WD, but not Pandora's Box. Can someone tell me the step by step how to get them to connect.
This is the error I get: 05. 17:26:53 instance(christie-pb): Network error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.111.63:6211
Do I need to change something on the timeline?
dwvsplat

Re: Companion Connection with Pandoras Box

Postby dwvsplat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:21 pm

OK, I figured out why I could not connect to pandoras box.....we are using 2 different networks.....it is on a closed network...so I have that figured out. BUT, I cannot seem to get widget designer to respond to ques.
Example... I have the running script window open (the button I want to control is "CustomScript25"). I have the remote input control window open (in WD). So in companion I put in wd command "CustomScript25". This shows in the remote input control window, but nothing happens in WD. What am I doing wrong?
dwvsplat

Re: Companion Connection with Pandoras Box

Postby Mike Mengen » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:22 am

Hi,
what should happen with the CustomScript25? Should the Script of the Button be executed?
Then you need the Command CustomScript25.Click
Does that help?
Mike Mengen

Return to Pandoras Box V6