Different live inputs with ndi streams

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Different live inputs with ndi streams

Postby SHOWDESIGN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Can I take different live inputs with ndi streams via pandora's box. Resolume and Vertex can do this without any problem. Is this possible with V6.4.3. Or is this limited to 1 stream?

Thanks!

Benjamin
SHOWDESIGN

Re: Different live inputs with ndi streams

Postby Yvonne Groetzschel » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:16 am

Hello Benjamin,

In order to use NDI inputs you need to install NDI Tools. If you have installed the NDI application you can start the Virtual Input and select a stream you want to use in Pandoras Box.
It is handled like any other live input in Pandoras Box.

There are different NDI licences available. The free version is limited to one stream, therefore it's also limited in PB to one stream.
If you use a paid NDI licence then you can handle more then one stream, but this is not yet tested with Pandoras Box.

Please find the link to our website with the related link to the NewTek driver:
https://www.coolux.de/technology/avoverip/

Cheers,
Yvonne
Yvonne Groetzschel

Postby SHOWDESIGN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:31 am

Hello Yvonne,

I have been using the NDI stream for a few months now. That works perfectly. Only I have the comment that other software packages support multiple NDI streams at the same time. In the free NDI version.
But pandora's box does not support this. I am working on a setup with 3 NDI cameras. So multiple streams would be welcome :-)
Or can I solve this in another way?

Thanks !!!

Benjamin
SHOWDESIGN

Postby Benni_M » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Hello Benjamin,

at the moment Pandoras Box is using NDI Virtual Input. It's not a native integration.
It is on the wishlist to have a native implementation.

At the momenten we have to wait for it.

Switch the input is possible if you download the sdk from Newtek and take a look at the examples. there is a NDI switcher example where you can switch between different NDI inputs.

Best,
Benni
Benni_M

Return to Pandoras Box V6