Surround 5.1 video flie

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Surround 5.1 video flie

Postby azman » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:13 am

Hi,

I'm having issue with a video with 5.1 audio file,
I'm looking for advice to assist.

I have a requirement for a user to add a single video file to a system that contains at minimum 4 channels of audio,
this is a standalone installation with no operator.

Yet I'm struggling to get anything more than a stereo output, even with a video with embedded 5.1 audio file,
I've tried with Manager & Player version (6.4.4) & with 2 different combinations of sound devices - Steinberg UR44 & Dante Virtual Sound Card

Whilst I'm thinking my audio device choice maybe the issue, I'm not seeing 5.1 (6) channels of audio in PB from a single layer or ability to assign/nominate a 5.1 setting,
Am I missing something or does PB only support stereo output per layer?

Splitting multiple audio files & placing on different layers is not an option for this setup.

Can PB handle a video file with 5.1 audio embedded on a single video layer?

Regards
azman

Re: Surround 5.1 video flie

Postby Dave Thompson » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Hello,

You can play back Multi channel Audio from using a Video Layer.
It is handled through Windows Direct Sound and will be routed to the Onboard audio card.

Cheers,
"Chairman Wow!"
Dave Thompson
coolux Germany

Postby keil » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:39 pm

this is not working for me. could you please try to explain it a bit more? i am trying to get this working for quite a long time and getting frustrated..

thanks in advance
keil

Postby Yvonne Groetzschel » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:39 pm

Hello,

Please also have a look to the other forum post from my colleague Daniel, there you can find some useful information:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=299

If it's still doesn't work please feel free to write an E-mail to our support team that is happy to assist you. Please also add the information about the PB version and the steps you've already tried:
Support.pandorasbox@christiedigital.com

Cheers,
Yvonne
Yvonne Groetzschel

Return to Pandoras Box V6