WD Fails to launch

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

WD Fails to launch

Postby scamphaug » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Good Afternoon,

I have had a reoccurring problem between WD 6.0.4 and 6.1.3 where WD fails to launch, providing a barely readable dialog box saying "An error occured while preparing/applying the Dialog Cache: The given key was not present in the dictionary." The process is present in the task manager but the GUI is never drawn and the application fails to load. I have removed and reinstalled a number of times, run in compatibility mode.. etc to no avail. I have attached the logs from the 6.1.3 log directory, anyone have an ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scamphaug

Re: WD Fails to launch

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:34 am

Which OS are you using?
Do you have the latest Updates installed?
Please try to reinstall .NET4.8

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby scamphaug » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:43 pm

Thanks for the reply,

We are on Windows 10 version 1803 with all updates installed. Based on your recommendation I ran microsoft's .net troubleshooter and reinstalled .net 4.8, unfortunately no change to the issue. Windows is up to date yes. Worthy of note, WD 6.1.1 does launch but 6.1.3 fails with the symptoms listed.
scamphaug

Postby justyn roy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:51 am

One thing that may be worth trying if you haven't already:
Run the latest Pandoras Box installer.
Even if you're not running it on that machine - or even if you don't have a license.
Run it up to the point where it asks you to select which version to install.
When you do this, it'll install any and all drivers needed for Pandoras Box and Widget.
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Return to Pandoras Box V6