Problem to hold on the last frame

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Problem to hold on the last frame

Postby Djools » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:28 am

Hi everyone,

I experienced a strange thing on a show.
I am working with Pandoras Box (version 6.4.4) on a Manager Pro (and second Manager Pro BackUp), a Quad Server and a Player (as a BackUp).
Easy programmation : two video layers, two outputs.

On the timeline, my containers are shorter than the media durations because I have to be able to launch the next media, on the next video layer (with fade in/fade out), at any moment.
Therefore on my containers the "Lock to Time" is disabled, the "Loop" mode is useless because the containers are not longer than the medias, and the "Playback mode" for each media is set on "Play" (no loop). That way, each media rolls until his last frame... and hold on it.
But sometimes, when the show has run many times without any problem, one media suddenly doesn't hold anymore on his last frame at the end but load the first frame instead, and hold on it.
It is a random problem, happening on any media at any time, after different runs without any issue.

Has anyone experienced it before ?
For information, all my medias are made with these specs :
1920x1080 pixels, 25 frames/second, codec HAP (.mov)

Thanks to anyone who will have any idea or advice.
Best Regards,

Djools
Djools

Re: Problem to hold on the last frame

Postby Djools » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:05 pm

OK I played the show once again and the problem appeared only on my main device, the Quad Server (coolux one), not on the BackUP (HMS device with Pandoras Box Player license).
Maybe something I should check on the Quad Server ? Knowing that the problem is not on the timeline, as it played pretty well many times and this issue only appears randomly...
Djools

Postby Djools » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Well, correction : the problem appears on both servers, main (Quad Server) and BackUp (Player Server)...
Djools

Postby mrdave » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:22 pm

Djools,
You should unclick the Loop option. Then there no chance that it could even play the first frame.
How did you export the HAP files and with what Plugin?
Try export them again with the Adobe Plugin from the Pandoras Box Downloads section.
If you need complete flexibility on when you playback your second video, you could those on a second sequence.
:)ave
mrdave

Return to Pandoras Box V6