PB Manager crashed

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

PB Manager crashed

Postby badweather » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:53 am

Hi all,
I had a crash of the pb manager software last night using version 6.5.2, it ran perfectly fine for setup day and the whole day during rehearsals but then crashed during show. I found the logs in the windows event viewer but can't seem to see anything obvious that might point out why it crashed. I've attached the two errors that line up with the time of the crash. One directly points to pb manager and one to the asp.net process. Any advise/insights would be greatly appreciated.

Running windows 10 with pb 6.5.2 on a g7 laptop as the manager machine. PB players were two custom builts, both running windows 10 pro with pb 6.5.2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
badweather

Re: PB Manager crashed

Postby Christian Hinxlage » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Hi Badweather,

please provide your Pandoras Box logs to our support ( support.pandorasbox@christiedigital.com )
You will find logs within this folder:
C:\ProgramData\Christie\Pandoras Box Manager 6.5.2
Please zip the log folder and send it.

Also please describe what happened while it crashed and where were you working on at that moment.

Regards,

Christian
Christian Hinxlage
Technical Support Manager

Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
www.christiedigital.com
Christian Hinxlage
Site Admin

Postby badweather » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:21 pm

Christian Hinxlage wrote:Hi Badweather,

please provide your Pandoras Box logs to our support ( support.pandorasbox@christiedigital.com )
You will find logs within this folder:
C:\ProgramData\Christie\Pandoras Box Manager 6.5.2
Please zip the log folder and send it.

Also please describe what happened while it crashed and where were you working on at that moment.

Regards,

Christian

Hi Christian, tried finding the logs now. Thought I made a backup of it before wiping the computer but must have missed it accidentally. I was playing out a 20 second mp4 clip with a pixel size of 2816x768. Windows just blue wheeled and then manager crashed, was a pretty beefy timeline with a lot of lastminute.com content that wasn't converted due to time constraints/not getting the desired results from media encoder exports. I've only ever had pb crash once before but it was while I was customizing views and accidentally fired a new view while one was being edited. Machine wasn't pinned at all in terms of cpu/gpu and preview wasn't running during the show although the pb manager project took quite a while to open up again after the crash.
badweather

Postby Christian Hinxlage » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:47 am

Hi,

without the logs it is hard to say what the problem was.
But I would try to avoid mp4 files in general as well as mov files which are not Hap or DDS, since you never know whats inside.

With 6.5 we introduced a complete new render engin based on DX11, so you may experience differences in the behaviour to older version in regards to format handling.

Cheers,

Christian
Christian Hinxlage
Technical Support Manager

Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
www.christiedigital.com
Christian Hinxlage
Site Admin

Return to Pandoras Box V6