Project created on another computer.

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Project created on another computer.

Postby zuza » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:12 pm

Hello. Such a little problem. I create a project on a computer at home. I add a "quad server" - one I have at work - I create a sequence. I transfer the PB Manager installed on my laptop at work to the PB server, and I have no image on the outputs. By clicking on "devices-unnamed" I change the name to PB9 ........ (what our server has), and the ip address is the same as our machine has. Unfortunately, nothing changes. What else should I set? Let me mention that if I create a project on the system at work, save it, move it home, refine it and recreate it at work, there is no problem with it, everything works.
What have I missed?
If I have a license for PB6manager and Media Server and want to buy a license for one exit from PB Manager, do I have to pay for it as much as for the latest version of the program with a license for one exit from PB Manager attached to it permanently? Shouldn't it be slightly differentiated?
zuza

Re: Project created on another computer.

Postby JustynR » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:34 pm

Did you also copy the video files over to your computer at home?

Is there a red exclamation mark on the machine at home?

Is the hardware the same on the computer at home?
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby zuza » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:02 pm

Hello Justyn Roy. Thank you for contacting me.
Yes, I save all files in project assets, and all these files are on the PB Manager laptop. So the project and sequence are played on the Laptop with PB Manager (master), there is no image on the Media Server (client).
Yes, there a red exclamation mark on the machine at home (in the Devices window).
No, the hardware is different. It's a Lenovo laptop at home, a macbook pro laptop at work, or an acer desktop computer. On all three Windows 10, I don't know if it's in the same configuration, but always up-to-date ...
The fact is that on all three the project is played without a problem, the "preview from the client" is displayed correctly, it is not only displayed, correctly on the end machine, ie the client.
As I mentioned above, when I create a new project on PB manager, a computer connected to the media server, and I open such a project later on any computer, I can edit it without any problems and play it later on the PB Manager-PB Media Server system.
Could this be the reason why edid is not enabled on the client?
Are there any server data stored in the project that I can add?
zuza

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:27 pm

Logs and Images / Showfile would help.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby zuza » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:36 pm

Ok. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I will do a new show, simple and send it to you.
zuza

Postby zuza » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:02 pm

Hello.
I've already dealt with it. You have to send everything, it didn't happen automatically. Thank you and best regards.
zuza

Return to Pandoras Box V6