Drawing Panel

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Drawing Panel

Postby stevenmarr » Wed May 31, 2017 1:43 pm

Hello,
I am attempting to create a widget allowing users to "sign" a birthday card that is then posted on an LED wall. Ideally once the user "signs" the card they will be able to submit via a button and the "signature" will be sent to Pandoras box as an unique image file and then placed on the LED wall. Anyone have any experience with this? I am currently restricted to the free version of WD which doesn't allow use of the drawing widget but would also be interested in testing with a widget that has the same attributes and methods as the drawing panel.
WD 6.0 rev6105
Windows 10
stevenmarr

Re: Drawing Panel

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:34 am

Hi Steven,

That's a hard one...
I don't think it is feasible with the Free Version, except you have another application that is able to do the drawing, like MS Paint or similar, and which can be controlled with commands to save the images.

Even when you have the normal WD Version, the Drawing Canvas wouldn't be your tool of choice. It once was designed to do the drawing for Pandoras Box when we didn't have the canvas there. But as we do have it integrated now, this widget is (at the moment) more or less just a nice gadget. We are working on improving functionality, such as image export for example.
What you could do, is drawing with an external application and get this image per StreamiX to a VideoInput display. Then you could use the VideoSnapshot button to save that image and send it to Pandoras Box.
But this is also not available for the Free Version.

Cheers,
Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Return to Widget Designer V6