PictureBox Image refreshing script commands

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

PictureBox Image refreshing script commands

Postby nick-it » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi! I test version WD6 Rev.6105 (OS Widows 10 pro) trying to recreate my project from version 4.7 because I can't import the project from a version 4.7. I used script command WDImageFile and WDPictureBoxRefresh in the previous version for PictureBox to refresh the image (new photo) in a PictureBox. But I didn't find the command WDImageFile using Script Assistant in WD6 though it was listed in the help. So I should use the command WDPictureBoxFile istead. The command writes the picture file address in the Resource Field of the PictureBox. The command WDImageFile left the field blank. The problem is that after using of new pair of commands (WDPictureBoxFile and WDPictureBoxRefresh) the image in the PictureBox isn't refreshed. So to refresh the image I should use script command KeyboardKeyPress({F5}). So only after this command execution the image being refreshed. Will the previous command WDImageFile appear in nearest future version of WD and if not how it is possible to solve the problem (image refreshing) correctly?

Nick Ivanov
Viking Ltd.
S.Petersburg
nick-it

Re: PictureBox Image refreshing script commands

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for reporting this, it seems like the command "WDPictureBoxRefresh" is not working correctly.
We are having a look into the issue and will see to fix it.

Just for your information: The PictureBox widget was the ImageBox in former versions, this is where the different commands come from. We will have all commands refering to the old name removed from the helpfile soon.
The different behaviour you saw (the command writing the picture file address in the resource field) is due to the new implementation, it is not the reason for the misbehaviour.
Pressing [F5] works, because it is a complete page refresh that also triggers a reload of each media file used somewhere.

Cheers!

Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Return to Widget Designer V6