Fader value TCP command

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Fader value TCP command

Postby nathansaw » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to control an audio system from WD. I've been successful in sending strings to trigger Boolean commands like play, stop, mute etc. However I would like to incorporate a volume fader on the WD page now. I was wondering how I could assemble a string that could incorporate a variable fader value. i'm quite new to WD so forgive my ignorance please.

More info on the audio control protocol here - http://q-syshelp.qschome.com/Content/Ex ... otocol.htm

The string format for triggering "buttons" is as follows - {ct AudioMute [CR LF]} - ct meaning "change trigger", AudioMute being the control name and carriage return/line feed. To change the fader's value I can do this in a number of ways, either send a dB value or a relative position if the fader from 0 to 1 (0db on the fader taper is roughly 0.75). Lets assume we use position, the string the audio system would need to see is {csp FaderName value [CR LF]}. Can you advise how to set this up?

Also, the next step would be to get bidirectional positions as their are other control methods (snapshots etc) in place for these values and it would be good to have the current value reflected on the WD page. The device will send the following in response - {cv "FaderName" "20.0dB" 20 1} - values are listed in 3 ways - value, string and position of the control. How would I process this data back into the fader on the WD page?

Hope this explanation is clear enough.

Thanks and best regards,
Nathan
nathansaw

Re: Fader value TCP command

Postby nathansaw » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 pm

OK quick update.
I tried to put this together with nodes only and succeeded - see attached

Would still appreciate some help to get the response interpretation

Regards,
Nathan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nathansaw

Postby Thomas Mrozek » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi Nathan,
to use responses you can go with the same setup you have - just inverted. The only thing is to change TCP Message Node to TCP Input Node.
cheers
Thomas
Thomas Mrozek
Product Manager
Thomas Mrozek

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:40 am

Hello Nathan,

there is a regex node that may help you. Do you know Regular Expressions (Regex)?

Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby nathansaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:21 am

Dennis Kuypers wrote:Hello Nathan,

there is a regex node that may help you. Do you know Regular Expressions (Regex)?

Dennis

Hi Dennis,
No, I've never used that. Do you have an example?

Regards
Nathan
nathansaw

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:42 am

Hey Nathan,

Regex allows you to find, replace or extract text. There are a lot of great resources online if you want to learn it.

If we want to turn We have 3 apples and 2 bananas into We have apples (3) and bananas (2) we could use a pattern of ([0-9]+) (\w+) and a replacement pattern of $2 ($1) (Try it out!)

For your task you basically define a rule to find the part that you need and then use a replacement pattern of $1.

Regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Return to Widget Designer V6