CITP Thumbnail to Picture Box Issue

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

CITP Thumbnail to Picture Box Issue

Postby bill » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 pm

I'm trying to apply a CITP thumbnail to a picture box using a custom script button. The script within my button is "

Code: Select all
WDPictureBoxApplyCITPThumbnail(1,1,1)

I also noticed in the Debug Logger the following Error

Command 'WDPictureBoxApplyCITPThumbnail' exception: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Christie\Widget Designer 6.0 Rev 6800\Data\Thumbnails\Downloads\10_1_11_135\1'.

I navigated to the above path (as close as I could) but the folder structure within "10_1_11_135" all starts with 001, 002, 003, ...
Also I have a media control widget correctly displaying the thumbnails, and I have checked to make sure that the connection between WD and the Manager is working.

Is this something I'm doing wrong? To test another function I used WDPictureBoxFile successfully but WDPictureBoxScreenshot(1) did not work.

I'm running WD 6800 on Windows 10 Pro. I am connecting to an offline manager setting up this configuration.

Thanks for the help!
-Bill
bill

Re: CITP Thumbnail to Picture Box Issue

Postby Thomas Mrozek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Bill,
this is actually a known issue. Please stay tuned for next updates.
Can you use the workaround with the "PictureBoxFile" Script until fix is implemented?
cheers
Thomas
Thomas Mrozek
Product Manager
Thomas Mrozek

Postby jmajic14 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Hello,
Is this still a known issues as i'm trying to use this script in version 6.0.6 and having the same issue. And i'm not aware of the work around
jmajic14

Postby Janina Baltaziewicz » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, this bug still persists.
You can set up a workaround that requires a bit research and advanced scripting, using the command "WDPictureBoxFile":

- Search in your Windows Explorer for the folder in which the thumbnails are stored, the path is similar to this one: "C:\Program Files\Christie\Widget Designer 6.0.6\Data\Thumbnails\Downloads\192_168_1_2\001"
- The last folder will have the number of the folder ID set up for the thumbnails
- The file names of the thumbnails are generated automatically from the file and folder ID and the size of the original file: "folderID_fileID_width_height_duration(in frames)_framerate.bmp"
Example: "002_001_1920_1080_328_24.bmp"
- With this information you use the command "WDPictureBoxFile" and enter the file names manually
- The VGetAsset... commands provide the possibility to read out the file specific information if the the tumbnails' file names need to be read out automated

Cheers,
Janina
Janina Baltaziewicz
Customer Service Engineer
Janina Baltaziewicz

Return to Widget Designer V6