Terminal Services Detected HASP Error

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Terminal Services Detected HASP Error

Postby djrappa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:21 am

I have a remote installation that I need to perform some programming on. The access to this is via Windows RDP over a secure Citrix connection.
Problem is when I access this machine the HASP dongle throws a "Terminal Services Detected" and "Feature not Found" error and will either crash WD or only let me open it in Free mode.

This is a major issue as I need to access the node structure on this machine and cannot do locally here or physically access the machine (it's in another country).

Just to be clear the Dongle is connected to the machine I am trying to access remotely, not my local PC.

Thanks
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Re: Terminal Services Detected HASP Error

Postby djrappa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 am

For anyone interested I did find a solution to this... the solution was to buy a return plane ticket to the installation and go and perform the programming changes there, purchase a second dongle and then tiresomely from now on make any changes offline and then upload to the control computer.
Certainly not a productive OR cheap one.

I'm particularly impressed by the lack of a single response from Coolux. Things have certainly changed in regards to the level of response and support since the Christie purchase.
Cheers
Clint Dulieu
Dulio Design
djrappa

Re: Terminal Services Detected HASP Error

Postby Markus Zeppenfeld » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi djrappa,

please allow me to comment on your topic here.

First of all, this is a forum which is intended to be a place to share information among user. Even though this forum is moderated by our staff, the best way to contact us - especially for time critical requests - is to contact support via email. Nearly all emails are being answered at least within 24 hours from a real support guy. Not speaking about auto-replies!

Referring to your topic:
The message "Terminal Services Detected" comes directly from the used HASP dongle which protects our application. As you are logging in via Remote Desktop the system denies your connection and deactivates the dongle. Therefore the Widget Designer does not crash, it is being closed as no dongle is available. You are being notified about that as you can choose to start the free version instead.
It seems to be the default security setting of the HASP key to prevent multiple connections on a single host computer using the same dongle.
We might have a chance to make this happen nevertheless, so please contact support to follow up on this, if it is still of any value for you. Please copy this URL into your ticket for reference. Thanks.

In any way, can you use a VNC (over VPN)/Teamviewer session to access the remote computer? This way you are not running a terminal connection which is being refused.

Regards
Markus
Markus Zeppenfeld
Senior Product Manager, Pandoras Box

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (from "The IT Crowd" / channel 4)
Markus Zeppenfeld

Return to Widget Designer V6